Prof Ash Memon
MBBS, MA Clin Ed, DCH, FRACS, FACS, FRCSI, FRCSEd, FRCSEng
General, Laparoscopic, Gastrointestinal & Bariatric Surgeon
Professor Memon is a surgeon of over 25 years experience. Having trained in some of the best medical centres in the world, (USA, UK, Ireland) he offers his patients a safe and caring surgical hand. His relentless commitment to continuous professional development ensures his patients always receive the most up to date and evidence-based care.
Professor Memon offers upper and lower gastrointestinal surgery, obesity surgery and endoscopy. Encompassing both open and minimally-invasive techniques Prof Memon performs hernia repair, gallbladder surgery, anti-reflux surgery, colorectal surgery, circumcision, vasectomy, varicose vein surgery, obesity surgery (gastric banding and intragastric balloon) among other general surgical procedures. Prof Memon is a highly experienced endoscopist and dually accredited with the Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Society of Australia (GESA). As such he also offers colonoscopy, gastroscopy, capsule endoscopy and pH & Manometry Studies for reflux disease. Prof Memon also offers select paediatric surgical procedures.
Continuous professional development is very important to Prof. Memon in his mission to provide the most up to date and evidence-based practice to his patients. His ongoing commitment to research is demonstrated through his active participation in clinical research projects and his publications in a wide variety of high impact medical journals. Moreover, Prof. Memon’s keen involvement in teaching and examining, both at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, at Bond University and the University of Queensland, as well as with The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, plays a significant role towards achieving this goal.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Obesity Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand (OSSANZ)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Society of Australia (GESA)
- General Surgeons Australia (GSA)
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- International Association of Medical Science Educators (IAMSE)
- Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- British International Doctors Association (BIDA)
- Section of Academic Surgery, Royal Australasian College of Surgeon (RACS)
- Australian Pakistani Doctors Association of Queensland (APDOQ)
- Medicolegal Society of Queensland (MLSQ)